Thursday, August 7, 2014

Playing on the See/Saw prompt


As I approach my house, I see...

As I approach my parent's house, I see...
As I approach my child's house, I see...

Looking out of my bedroom/kitchen/living room window, I see...

Standing at my front door, I looked inside and saw...
Standing at my front door, I looked outside and saw...

Driving on the road to my house in the winter/spring/summer/fall, I can see...

Look at your neighbor's house in front of you. List five things that catch your eye. Now look at your neighbor's house behind you, on the left of you, the right of you and list five things that catches your eye.

Look at your favorite photograph or portrait or picture - list five things you have observed in it that you had not noticed before.

What unusual things have you seen lately?

I would not have believed it if I had not see it with my own eyes. Let me tell you about it...

I looked outside to see what I could see and all that I saw was...

Seeing it as if I were a child for the first time, let me describe it to you...

As I walked into my friend's house, I noticed...
As I walked into my church, I noticed...

Now can you think of other ways you can use the see/saw prompt?

Use this prompt idea for another way to journey through the Bible.  As you read your favorite stories in the New and Old Testament, see it as if you were one of the people in the story.  See it as if you were the one the story is being written about.  

Look through the Bible and see it through Jesus' eyes.  What do you think He saw when He was growing up?  When He was in the midst of His ministry?  When He was walking amongst sinners?  When He was faced with being arrested?  When He hung on the cross?

Now, think about your life.  What do you think others see?  What does Jesus see?

Put your family on the see/saw prompt.  Think of ways you observe them.  Consider all the ways you want to see them succeed.  What in their lives have you seen that you would want them to change?  Have you saw how the world affects their lives?  

Writing your experiences with the see/saw prompt can keep you journaling for many years.  Enjoy playing on the see/saw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment